Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
1968, SRH3800, Sable
The colour "Sable" was often ordered in combination with the colour "Sand", but this colour as a solid colour on a Silver Shadow was rather rare. The colour also occurred in the Silver Cloud years and was popular in the first years of the Silver Shadow.
This car was supplied new in March 1968 by Broughtons of Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England. The car had the next features:
- Airconditioning, which was not standard then on RHD cars.
- Sundym green-tinted glass to the drivers side and drop-glasses only to the passengers side.
- Chocolate colour lambswool rugs to front and rear.
- Radiomobile 980 radio.
- Avon Turbospeed radial tyres. Nowadays the car has been provided again with the same tyres.
Later on the next features are mounted:
- Safety belts in the rear.
- A driver's door mirror.
The car is still fitted with the original Broughtons' branded metal tax disc holder and keyfob. It has been in the UK all its life and the present (2010) owner lives in Stamford, Rutland.